OCLC WorldCat Entities Services Terms and Conditions
Thank you for visiting the OCLC WorldCat Entities website. You may utilize WorldCat Entities Services by agreeing to and complying with these OCLC WorldCat Entities Services Terms and Conditions (these “Terms”). Your use of WorldCat Entities Services is governed by these Terms. OCLC reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to determine your eligibility to use WorldCat Entities Services.
- "WorldCat Entities Services" means the Data and other services made available to You by OCLC through the OCLC WorldCat Entities website.
- "You" or "Your" refers to: (i) an individual accessing and using WorldCat Entities Services on his or her own behalf; or (ii) an individual or entity on whose behalf WorldCat Entities Services are being accessed and used by his/her/its authorized representative.
- "Data" means the linked data and other information made available to You by OCLC or its suppliers through WorldCat Entities Services.
2. AGREEMENT TO THESE TERMS
Your use of WorldCat Entities Services signifies Your agreement to these Terms. Accordingly, You should read these Terms carefully prior to using WorldCat Entities Services. The Terms are available via a link appearing on the OCLC WorldCat Entities website and may also be made available for Your review as OCLC otherwise thinks appropriate. OCLC may change these Terms at any time in its sole discretion. OCLC will issue notice of changes by email, a change notice posted on the OCLC WorldCat Entities website, or any other means reasonably calculated to provide notice. If any change is unacceptable, Your only recourse is to cease using WorldCat Entities Services. Your continued use of WorldCat Entities Services following OCLC's issuance of notification of a change to these Terms or posting of a new version of these Terms on the OCLC WorldCat Entities website will constitute binding acceptance of the change or such new agreement (whichever applies).
3. USE OF WORLDCAT ENTITIES SERVICES
- All Data and the linked data URI is made available to You under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommerical 2.0.
- Attribution required under the CC BY NC 2.0 license is provided in the URI.
- You may not use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other device to scrape, retrieve or index any portion of Data from the WorldCat Entities website.
- If OCLC deems your use/access of the WorldCat Entities website is excessive and/or degrades the WorldCat Entities Services, OCLC may, in its sole discretion, block/revoke Your access.
4. MATERIAL BREACH
OCLC may, in its sole discretion, take measures to suspend your access to WorldCat Entities Services immediately upon your material breach. Egregious or habitual breaches of these Terms may result in permanent suspension of Your access to WorldCat Entities Services.
5. DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
- You are responsible for all damages, liabilities, losses, costs, and expenses (including attorneys' fees) incurred by OCLC, its subsidiaries and affiliates and/or their respective suppliers (including those incurred in connection with third-party claims) as a result of your breach of these Terms.
- WORLDCAT ENTITIES SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND YOUR USE OF AND RELIANCE ON WORLDCAT ENTITIES SERVICES [INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, COPYRIGHT STATUS INFORMATION (IF ANY)] IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. COPYRIGHT STATUS INFORMATION AVAILABLE THROUGH WORLDCAT ENTITIES SERVICES: (i) IS DETERMINED BY OCLC OR ITS SUPPLIERS BY USING REASONABLE EFFORTS; (ii) IS PRESENTED SOLELY FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES; (iii) DOES NOT CONSTITUTE LEGAL ADVICE; AND (iv) IS NOT TO BE CONSIDERED A SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR INDEPENDENT VERIFICATION OF COPYRIGHT STATUS. OCLC DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THE COMPLETENESS, PERFORMANCE OR ACCURACY OF WORLDCAT ENTITIES SERVICES.
- OCLC, ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, CONCERNING WORLDCAT ENTITIES SERVICES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL OCLC, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, OR AFFILIATES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS HAVE ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND YOU HEREBY EXPRESSLY RELEASE EACH FROM, DAMAGES OR LIABILITY OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM CLAIMS RELATED TO: (i) WORLDCAT ENTITIES SERVICES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, CLAIMS BASED ON INFRINGEMENT OF COPYRIGHT, PATENT, TRADE SECRET OR OTHER RIGHT, LIBEL, SLANDER OR INVASION OF PRIVACY OR ERRORS, INACCURACIES OR OMISSIONS IN WORLDCAT ENTITIES SERVICES); OR (ii) ANY ACT UNDERTAKEN OR OMISSION MADE IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, IN EACH CASE, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT THE RELEASED PARTY HAD BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. Some states do not permit the exclusion of warranties, so the above warranty exclusions may not apply to You.
- Neither party shall have any liability or obligation to the other for indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages (including, without limitation, lost profits, loss of business, or loss of or damage to data) whether based on contract, tort or any other legal theory and regardless of whether a party foresaw such damages.
- These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Ohio and the United States of America, without regard to their respective conflict of laws principles. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sales of Goods shall not apply.
- You may not assign or otherwise transfer your rights or obligations under this Agreement. OCLC may assign its rights and/or delegate its obligations under this Agreement by posting notice of such assignment and/or delegation on the OCLC WorldCat Entities website at least thirty (30) days prior to the effective date thereof.
- OCLC and/or its suppliers shall not be liable for any failure or delay in performance hereunder due to any cause beyond its reasonable control including, but not limited to, acts of God or public enemy, fire, explosion, accident, strikes, governmental actions, delay or failure of suppliers, or delay or failure of the OCLC systems, or other difficulties with telecommunications networks.
- Notices required to be given pursuant to these Terms may be mailed to the following address: OCLC, Inc, 6565 Kilgour Place, Dublin, Ohio, USA 43017-3395, Attention: Legal Department.
- Any waiver of any provision of these Terms must be in writing and signed by the party against whom the waiver is to be enforced.
- If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be deemed superseded by a valid enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remaining provisions shall be enforced.
- OCLC's collection and use of any personal information submitted via the OCLC WorldCat Entities website (if any) is governed by OCLC's Privacy Statement.
- OCLC may remove or purge data stored with WorldCat Entities Services at any time without notice or liability.
Terms updated as of 11 May, 2022