OCLC accessibility statement
OCLC is committed to inclusive design and as part of that, accessible products for all.
We have a national and global user base and are dedicated to continuously improving accessibility of our products with a focus on both the international WCAG 2.1 guidelines, Level AA (W3C Recommendation 05 June 2018), EN 301 549 Accessibility Requirements for ICT Products and Services (EU standard, revised 2018) and U.S. accessibility guidelines of Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Revised in 2000).
As part of that mission, OCLC approaches accessibility through a multi-pronged approach:
- Increase accessibility awareness and knowledge across product development.
- Verify OCLC's products are progressing towards being more accessible in design and technology.
- Regular accessibility assessments.
Our accessibility assessments are reported via Accessibility Conformance Reports (ACRs), and are based on the Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT®) standard. The VPAT® indicates where a product supports, partially supports, or does not support the following accessibility standards:
- The World Wide Web Consortium WCAG 2.0 Accessibility Guidelines (Level AA, 2008)
- The World Wide Web Consortium WCAG 2.1 Accessibility Guidelines (Level AA, 2018)
- The United States 508 Standards for Electronic and Information Technology (2000, amended 2018)
- The European EN 301 549 Accessibility Requirements for ICT Products and Services (2015, revised 2018)
To inquire about a product Accessibility Conformance Report, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the requested product(s) names.